Summary of Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for multiple companies’ accounting management.
- Provides Annual Business Plan for Accounting Department.
- Responsible for the integrity of general ledgers.
- Reviews cost center and chart of account structure. Makes recommendations as to cost center/ account structure that will identify the nature of the expense to their proper area; streamlines the data processing support required during month-end.
- Prepares, verifies and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Evaluates subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger. Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enters monthly journals entries, executes monthly closing entries.
- Reviews monthly balance sheet and account analysis.
- Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
- Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the Company’s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization for prepaid.
- Prepares state sales and use tax reports.
- Reviews accounts payable aging and vendor statements.
- Reviews accounts receivable aging.
- Reviews customer accounts.
- Monitors credit and collection applications, assists in approval of terms and limitations.
- Provides other company departments with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Monitors inventory levels and adjustments.
- Post inventory transactions in IQMS and corrects costing errors.
- Monitors PPV accounts.
- Monitors RGA’s and Samples, and adjust cost in general ledger accordingly.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting), and analyses and reports variances.
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items.
- Assists in evaluating and recommending insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Accounting, plus five years’ experience in the accounting department of an industrial company.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Crystal Reports and IQMS software.
- Ability to solve issues when they arise.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to adhere to the Company’s Vehicle Usage policy.
- A criminal background check will be conducted.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required duties.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs and office equipment.
- May relocate products weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Commitment to Core Values
Employees shall be committed to the following company core values:
- Customer Focused
- Great Teammate
- Constantly Improving
|What We Offer
We are looking for dependable, energetic and self-starters who can work independent and as a team to include being a key contributor to the continued success of the Ace Manufacturing and Rokwell team. We offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package that includes health, denta, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and a 401(k) plan. If you are interested in these exciting opportunities with a growing company, submit your application and resume online, or send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to: Human Resources, Ace Manufacturing & Rokwell Industries, 300 Ramsey Street, Sullivan, MO 63080. You may also fax to (573)468-4197.