Full-time position available M-Th, 3:20 p.m. – 1:50 a.m. with training being conducted on days.
Job Summary This position is responsible for operating machine shop equipment according to work instructions while utilizing lathes, millers, grinding or drilling machines to very close tolerances and to operate these machines for precision work within the Ace Production department.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Complete, accurate operation at assigned work cell to include:
- Matching of job packet to job,
- Control plans,
- SPC sheets,
- Insert sheets,
- Proper gauging – progressive gauges, micrometers, and calipers,
- Proper machine guarding,
- Job cards.
- Completion of legible and accurate paperwork.
- Proper ID stamping of all parts. Job task must be performed “safely and satisfactorily”.
- Immediate communication with the supervisor to advise when job is close to completion, completion of job, part irregularity, quality problems, machine malfunction or breakdown, and machine not making rate. Standard rate of 100% is to be maintained.
- Is responsible for taking care of routine machine maintenance and keeping work area in neat condition.
- Purchase of personal tools as required by company policy.
- Dependability to work as a team to include daily attendance, on-time reporting to work station, and timely return from break periods and restroom.
- Follows all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Assume other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a technical school in machine tooling is helpful.
- 2-5 years of previous machining experience.
- Ability to read directions, job orders, measuring instruments (ie. micrometers, calipers), blueprints, and specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate with other personnel is required.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time, 90% of the time is spent standing.
- Must be able to frequently move about the cell (work space) to access moving parts and machinery, etc.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect parts produced.
- Frequently relocates metal parts and equipment weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times. Finished parts may weigh up to 50 pounds.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Commitment to Core Values
Employees shall be committed to the following company core values:
- Customer Focused
- Great Teammate
- Constantly Improving
|What We Offer
We are looking for dependable, energetic and self-starters who can work independent and as a team to include being a key contributor to the continued success of the Ace Manufacturing and Rokwell team. We offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package that includes health, denta, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and a 401(k) plan. If you are interested in these exciting opportunities with a growing company, submit your application and resume online, or send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to: Human Resources, Ace Manufacturing & Rokwell Industries, 300 Ramsey Street, Sullivan, MO 63080. You may also fax to (573)468-4197.