Responsible for assisting the sales team with the implementation of annual sales plans by working in the field to help effectively grow sales within the heavy duty truck parts industry. By doing so will contribute in such a way that enables the company’s sales goals to be met. Must be able to present the company’s products and services to current customers and prospects by utilizing various forms of demonstration (counter training, clutch clinics, professional proposals, and Power Points).
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop business relationships with and actively solicit business from customers in assigned territory within the heavy duty aftermarket industry.
- Contact established customers on a regular schedule in addition to prospecting new opportunities.
- Regularly contact and follow-up with prospective customers.
- Maintain a current opportunities list and follow-up on all inquiries and leads. Provide report to supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Assume responsibility to ensure all customers and prospects within assigned territory are aware of new programs, promotions, advertising material, and policies.
- Work with existing customer base to train their employees on how to productively sell all Ace heavy duty aftermarket products.
- Evaluate a basic warranty claim on customer site.
- Assist customers with the warranty claim process, providing final evaluation report as applicable.
- Work with manufacturer’s rep agency providing ride along assistance in the field.
- Coordinate sales efforts with rep agencies within assigned territory.
- Work with customers to ensure they are fully stocked with necessary products, catalogs, and marketing materials.
- Know and understand the competition and their policies, pricing structure, distribution, strengths and weaknesses.
- Supply necessary credit information on opportunities and existing customers as directed and perform collection follow-up calls when asked.
- Responsible to keep supervisor informed of all competitive activity, effective sales programs, and customer reaction to company programs/policies.
- Conduct clutch clinics to fleet distributors and their customers. Areas of training to include installation procedures, trouble shooting, application, failure analysis and warranty adjustments.
- Assist in developing sales and training brochures and catalogs.
- Assist in new product identification for development.
- Assist in the development of annual sales plans.
- Attend tradeshows and open house events.
- Report customer complaints for ISO9001 Quality Program.
- Requires regular overnight travel within the United States (75%). Some travel may include being on the road for a week or longer at a time.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Previous sales experience in heavy duty parts distribution is required.
- Mechanical background with heavy duty trucks is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, email and the internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate persuasively both orally and in writing are required.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, and team player required.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof of car insurance.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to position self to assist with installation of clutch parts on vehicles, as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with customers and exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Occasionally moves audio/visual equipment and / or clutch parts weighing up to 75 pounds.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Commitment to Core Values
Employees shall be committed to the following company core values:
- Customer Focused
- Great Teammate
- Constantly Improving
|What We Offer
We are looking for dependable, energetic and self-starters who can work independent and as a team to include being a key contributor to the continued success of the Ace Manufacturing and Rokwell team. We offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package that includes health, denta, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and a 401(k) plan. If you are interested in these exciting opportunities with a growing company, submit your application and resume online, or send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to: Human Resources, Ace Manufacturing & Rokwell Industries, 300 Ramsey Street, Sullivan, MO 63080. You may also fax to (573)468-4497.