Responsible for directing the sales efforts of the company’s heavy-duty clutch division at the direction of the Business Development Manager. Primary focus is to lead, manage and coach field sales team towards achieving company sales goals.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement annual sales plan to achieve company sales goals.
- Manage and direct field sales team consisting of direct and independent sales reps.
- Work closely with customer’s field sales management personnel providing sales support and technical training as needed.
- Provide input on promotional programs that combine advertising with purchase incentives to increase sales.
- Provide input on all contracts including, but not limited to: private label customers, buying groups, and rep companies.
- Evaluate customer research, geographic market conditions, competitor data, sales rep results, and product developments in the marketplace.
- Maintain corporate relationships with buying groups and private label customers.
- In collaboration with other department managers, assist with monitoring trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
- Oversee the training of all sales and field technician staff.
- Monitor pricing of all products, analyzing margins and communicate price changes as directed.
- Collaborate with business development team to analyze product issues and communicate needs in the field that lead to new product development.
- Assist accounting department with setting up new credit accounts by obtaining information needed.
- Promote the company’s core values.
- Assist in improving communications company-wide, which will eventually lead to customer satisfaction and successful sales growth.
- Develop and monitor sales budget, assuring that costs do not exceed approved budget, and no waste occurs.
- Monitor forecast issues, intervening and assisting as needed.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Extensive travel required – 75%.
- BS/BA degree in Business or equivalent career experience required.
- 7-10 years of previous B2B Sales experience preferred in the heavy-duty aftermarket.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and CRM software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate with other personnel is required.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to adhere to the Company’s Vehicle Usage policy.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate and present technical product information.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required duties.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs and office equipment.
- May relocate products weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
|What We Offer
We are looking for dependable, energetic and self-starters who can work independent and as a team to include being a key contributor to the continued success of the Ace Manufacturing and Rokwell team. We offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package that includes health, denta, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and a 401(k) plan. If you are interested in these exciting opportunities with a growing company, submit your application and resume online, or send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to: Human Resources, Ace Manufacturing & Rokwell Industries, 300 Ramsey Street, Sullivan, MO 63080. You may also fax to (573)468-4497.