Supervise all shift employees at Van-K Wheels, a division of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Co., Franklin Street Facility in Sullivan, Missouri. Comply with all safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping standards. Coordinates all projects related to growth of Van-K business segment including new product manufacturing development and process improvements to existing product lines.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Subscribes to and exemplifies Ace core values – Safe, Dependable, Customer Focused, Aligned, Great Teammate, Constantly Improving, Responsible
- Ensures all operations are safe, customer focused, and productive.
- Adheres to ISO directives.
- Supervises all direct labor/production support personnel. Responsible for site safety, housekeeping, and meeting production and quality metrics.
- Maintains good employee relations, adheres to labor contract/company policies, and executes judicious disciplinary action when necessary.
- Assists in personnel evaluation and training to ensure employees understand job requirements; ensures both cursory and comprehensive employee training is administered and documented.
- Confers with planning to establish work schedules pertaining to production requirements.
- Organizes/schedules work and staff to ensure both customer and business needs are reliably met; schedules overtime as required.
- Specifies daily production plan by assigning set-up/production personnel to appropriate jobs, then monitoring to ensure on-time product delivery to customers.
- Apprises productivity/machinery/equipment/quality constraints in urgent manner to appropriate parties/support groups.
- Distributes/communicates all relevant operational status to additional shifts.
- Monitors/controls scrap and hourly production data collection.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices.
- Maximizes efficiency/productivity/quality to ensure goal of zero defects and total customer satisfaction.
- Develops and/or implements lean manufacturing techniques to improve throughput.
- Keeps complete and accurate paperwork including manufacturing orders, SPC’s, set-up sheets, insert/tooling sheets, timesheets, and other records of departmental activities.
- Recommends staffing changes necessary to maintain production schedule.
- Oversees plant start-up/shut-down (air compressor, lights, gates, doors, building security, etc.)
- Has full authority to discontinue operations involving non-conforming parts.
- Establishes accountabilities and goals used for personnel performance evaluations.
- Is project manager for all Van K projects.
- Assumes additional duties as directed by Management.
- Knowledge of wheel manufacturing essential, strong background in aluminum wheel manufacturing preferred.
- Expertise in spinning lathes preferred.
- Expertise in aluminum welding essential.
- Intermediate level knowledge of blueprint reading minimum required, preferably advanced level.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing best practices is preferred.
- Secondary education in a manufacturing related field is preferred.
- Additional college-level course in Management is preferred.
- Previous experience with automotive manufacturing and the APQP process is preferred.
- Five to eight years previous manufacturing experience with at least two years’ experience as a supervisor or lead person.
- Clean driving record (no property damage, accidents, or DUI’s within past three years) as the supervisor may need to utilize a forklift as needed.
- Familiar with MRP.
- Ability to read instructions and job orders including measuring instruments, and blueprint reading.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as ability to communicate with other personnel is required. Will have contact with other supervisors and upper management level team members.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the department to access moving parts and machinery, etc.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare production reports.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machinery, and visually inspect parts.
- May relocate metal parts and equipment weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 70 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.