Rokwell Industries is a metalworking company affiliated with Ace Manufacturing and Parts Co. and shares the same building located in Sullivan, Missouri.
The Tool & Die Maker is a highly skilled position that is responsible for producing tools, dies, and specialized parts and devices used on manufacturing machines; especially stamping presses
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze print specifications, setup and operate machine tools to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Maintains the maintenance and repair of existing tooling fixtures.
- Fit and assemble parts to make and repair, jigs, fixtures, gauges and hand tools.
- Setup and operate machining centers.
- Builds and maintains stamping dies for production.
- Designs tools, jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids.
- Verifies dimensions, alignment, and clearances of finished components using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Communicate with inter-departmental personnel for design input, fabrication and modification suggestions.
- Ensure timely completion of tooling, fixtures and assemblies as to meet project objectives.
- Promotes safety and housekeeping and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal training in an apprenticeship program, vocational school, community or technical college is preferred.
- Eight (8) years of documented experience as a Tool & Die Maker in a manufacturing environment with stamping presses.
- Machinist experience will be considered as well.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Ability to work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, stamping dies or assemblies.
- Ability to verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Ability to fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools using machine tools and hand tools.
- Ability to lift, position and secure machine parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks or angle plates.
- Ability to measure, mark and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes and rulers.
- Ability to select materials to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerances.
- Ability to set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2015 APQP process or ISO quality systems is a plus.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- A criminal background check will be conducted.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required duties.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs, office equipment, and manufacturing equipment.
- May relocate products weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
The Mission of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Company and Rokwell Industries is to produce and market leading edge clutch technology in a quality & economical manner that support long term growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures our employees are…
- Customer focused,
- Aligned to the Company’s goals,
- Great teammates,
- Constantly improving,
- Responsible to the community and environment when making decisions.
- To develop and continually improve a work environment where our employees and owners can grow financially by continued education and application that result in profit.
- Instill a sense of company pride in all employees that extends beyond our walls into the community.