This position is responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Enable computer technology to meet the needs of the company.
- Performs systems studies to assist company to realize maximum benefit from investments in equipment, personnel, and business processes.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing procedures.
- Design systems, such as instruments to control robots, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- Coordinate projects, fabrication, operation, application and installation of electromechanical (PLC, SCADA) products and systems.
- Develop project instructions, blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objective, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions.
- Development and implementation of training of new processes.
- May direct and coordinate work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs.
- Compiles documentation of program development and trains subordinates in systems analysis, feasibility studies, programming, and program coding.
- Troubleshoot PC hardware and installation as well as software integration of systems.
- Follows lockout-tagout procedures when machines must be shut down for repair, as well as following all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Works closely with all employee levels throughout the company.
- Purchase of personal tools as required by company policy.
- Assume other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Could be expected to work extended hours if machines are down and the engineering technician’s talents are needed to fix the problem.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or scientific discipline is preferred.
- Knowledge in electrical engineering, obtainable through a combination of experience and continuing education; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with any or all of the following is helpful: SCADA Software (Lookout, Labview), Promise E Draw, PLC Programming (Direct Logic, Allen Bradley RS Logic 500), PID Set-Up and Control, VFD (Programming & Parameter Set-Up, Servo Motor, Controller Programming & Parameter Set-Up, HMI Programming (C More, C More Micro and AVG – EZ Touch), Omega Furnace Profiling Software HH800SW, electrical systems design and development, Hydraulic and Pneumatic circuit design and development, and machine and motion control.
- 5-7 years of previous manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read directions, job orders, measuring instruments (ie. micrometers, calipers), blueprints, and specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate with other personnel is required.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time, 90% of the time is spent standing.
- Must be able to frequently move about the cell (work space) to access moving parts and machinery, etc.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect parts produced.
- Frequently relocates metal parts and equipment weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times. Finished parts may weigh up to 60 pounds.
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
The Mission of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Company and Rokwell Industries is to produce market leading edge clutch technology in a quality and economical manner that support long term growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures our employees are…
- Customer focused,
- Great teammates,
- Constantly improving,
- To develop and continually improve a work environment where our employees and owners can grow financially by continued education and application that result in profit.
- Instill a sense of company pride in all employees that extends beyond our walls into the community.
All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment, pre-employment physical, drug screen, and a criminal background check along with MVR.