Rokwell Industries is a metalworking company affiliated with Ace Manufacturing and Parts Co. and shares the same building located in Sullivan, Missouri.
This position is responsible to set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and venire calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Position and fasten work pieces.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Install repaired parts into equipment, or install new equipment.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Advise clients about the materials being used for finished products.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, using hand tools and power tools, in order to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products, using a variety of metalworking machines.
- Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
- Confer with numerical control programmers in order to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
- Evaluate experimental procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Prepare working sketches for the illustration of product appearance.
- Install experimental parts and assemblies such as hydraulic systems, electrical wiring, lubricants, and batteries into machines and mechanisms.
- Set up and operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding, and cutting equipment.
- Test experimental models under simulated operating conditions for such purposes as development, standardization, and feasibility of design.
- Different jobs have different requirements which all may require standing and bending for long periods of time:
- Lifting of .5 (1/2) pound to 10 pound metal parts from a box on a pallet located on the floor to the machine and back in box or pallet. Can run approx. 1,000 parts a day.
- An automatic feed machine that moves the parts through and puts them directly into a box, no handling of parts. Stand and watch that the parts do not get hung up. This process runs 3,000 to 4,000 parts a day.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience and have a familiarity with MRP.
- Previous supervisor or leadman experience.
- Use of measuring instruments and blueprint reading.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Mission of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Company and Rokwell Industries is to produce and market leading edge clutch technology in a quality & economical manner that support long term growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures our employees are…
- Customer focused,
- Aligned to the Company’s goals,
- Great teammates,
- Constantly improving,
- Responsible to the community and environment when making decisions.
- To develop and continually improve a work environment where our employees and owners can grow financially by continued education and application that result in profit.
- Instill a sense of company pride in all employees that extends beyond our walls into the community.