This position is responsible to keep facility in a clean and orderly condition. Will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and machines, and removing rubbish.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Shop Janitor:
- Clean plant floors by sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepared cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Strip, seal, finish and polish floors.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Clean and restore building interiors and machines using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of restrooms in the plant to include sweeping and mopping as required, empty waste containers, clean walls/stalls as required, replace paper supplies, deodorant blocks, clean and disinfect urinals, toilets and sinks. Inspect all restrooms twice daily to make sure they are clean, stocked and free of debris.
- Remove trash from plant break room and office areas on a daily basis.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Set up and break down chairs in the break room for employee meetings.
- Maintain proper inventory levels on all supplies related to this function.
- Maintain Gatorade and freezer pops in the summer months to all departments.
- Maintenance Helper:
- Make sure scrap metal and chips are emptied and maintain an inventory of empty scrap and chips containers for production use.
- Maintenance and cleanliness of all drip pans.
- Removal of oil and chips from coolants tanks and recycling of coolant.
- Maintain inventory on all supplies related to this position and duties.
- Assumes additional duties as directed by Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read directions and job requests.
- An excellent interpersonal skill, as well as the ability to communicate with other personnel is required.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- A criminal background check will be conducted.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required cleaning duties.
- Will require employee to walk from one end of the facility to the other driving floor scrubber for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently bend and reach overhead
- Reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions operate machinery, and visual inspection of parts.
- May relocate equipment weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Mission of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Company and Rokwell Industries is to produce and market leading edge clutch technology in a quality & economical manner that support long term growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures our employees are…
- Customer focused,
- Aligned to the Company’s goals,
- Great teammates,
- Constantly improving,
- Responsible to the community and environment when making decisions.
- To develop and continually improve a work environment where our employees and owners can grow financially by continued education and application that result in profit.
- Instill a sense of company pride in all employees that extends beyond our walls into the community.