Department: Supply Chain Group
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Lead the manufacturing production process to plan/schedule and manage related inventory quantities in terms of what is manufactured and what materials are procured with the mindset to reduce cost and risk by maintaining the minimal level of raw materials on hand to feed production of the maximum quantity of finished goods at any point in time. High outputs with high inventory turns. Salary range of $45,000 to $60,000 based on experience.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule production work orders as required to meet demands; reconcile work orders and material
- Maintain optimum inventory levels to ensure timely deliveries and minimizing carrying costs and transportation charges
- Intiate cycle counting to maintain accurate inventories; oversee correction of discrepancies, eliminate negative locations, make inventory adjustments as needed
- Monitor sales backorders to make sure customer orders ship on time
- Process daily receivals and month end closing tasks
- Process inter-company inventory transactions; post CM (customer material) to inventory
- Make adjustments to fluctuations in demand while minimizing waste
- Prevent and minimize shortages and scheduling mishaps
- Provides more effective cost controls and more accurate estimates of material requirements and delivery dates
- Reduces lead times throughout the year
- Provides an effective communication conduit with the sales team and purchasing team for efficient planning purposes
- Monitor production/assembly cell backorders and take appropriate actions as required
- Schedule outsource shipments to vendors and dropship to customer when required. Provide management with advance notice of outsource risks. Doing so allows for proactive measures to be taken, possibly diverting negative impact to customer delivery on time.
- Participate in full physical inventory counts as required; may require occassional overtime
- Work with purchasing and/or vendors when required to move material PO delivery dates in/out
- Work closely with department supervisors to make sure that necessary staff is available to run the required workload
- Prepare and present critical production concerns at daily production meetings. Must provide enough advance notice of contraints that meeting members can collaborate to find a resolution prior to negatively impacting on time delivery
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism when handling company information (purchase orders, sales orders, work orders, etc.)
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Team to develop and meet annual departmental goals
- Daily monitoring of supply chain flow and alert management immediately of any potential concerns. This includes internal production, external supply, and freight carrier constraints.
- Assist with and provide data for ISO requirements
- Meet key performance indicators, such as on time production, early production, maintaintaining safety stock balances for critical parts, and other KPI as assigned
- Maintain a clean, secure, and orderly work area
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Formal training in production planning or equivalent experience (5 years minimum)
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
- Advanced Excel experience required
- APICS Certification preferred
- IQMS ERP software experience strongly desired
- Must be familiar with ERP/MRP principles
- Proficient with MS Office software, preferably Office 365
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong people skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Analytical, efficient, and thorough
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time
- Must be able to frequently move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs and office equipment
- Occasionally move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Mission of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Company and Rokwell Industries is to produce market leading edge clutch technology in a quality and economical manner that support long term growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures our employees are…
- Customer focused,
- Great teammates,
- Constantly improving,
- To develop and continually improve a work environment where our employees and owners can grow financially by continued education and application that result in profit.
- Instill a sense of company pride in all employees that extends beyond our walls into the community.
All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment, pre-employment physical, drug screen, and a criminal background check along with MVR.
Ace Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Ace Manufacturing|