Reports to: Procurement Supervisor
The Procurement Specialist is responsible to manage and coordinate the purchase of materials, components, supplies, tooling, machines, and services essential to our manufacturing production and operations. This position will report to the Procurement Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Determine order quantities and required delivery date, generating purchase orders accordingly ensuring that purchases are of the quality, quantity and at the most economical cost.
- Purchase required components and MRO, services and indirect materials to support manufacturing and Operations, ensuring the maximum value is obtained.
- Review departmental requisitions daily and plan purchases accordingly.
- Expedite purchase orders to ensure uninterrupted flow of material in support of production schedule.
- Develop/Manage supplier relationships: establish contract terms and conditions; maintain systems that measure, track and analyze supplier performance including delivery on time, quality, meeting packaging requirements, competitive pricing, terms, and lead times, and fair dispute resolution.
- Maintain current vendor pricing and documentation in ERP system.
- Identify and execute cost-saving opportunities that achieve company goals.
- Remain up to date on current market trends and purchasing practices.
- Source and purchase new-design components for engineering projects
- Gain and maintain a basic understanding of our products (how they are made and how they work).
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required to visit vendors.
- 3-5 Years manufacturing experience in role of procurement, purchasing, or supply chain
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business (preferred)
- Knowledge of MRP (Materials Requirements Planning)
- Knowledge of BOMs (Bills of Materials) and BOM structure
· Strong computer skills preferably with ERP system; Microsoft Office applications including advance excel knowledge a must.
· Must be creative and resourceful in sourcing hard to find parts.
· Ability to analyze large data sets and communicate relevant observations
· Ability to read blueprints and other technical material
· Professional written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work alone or as part of a collaborative team.
· Ability to travel occasionally to visit vendors.
Ideal candidates may also have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing systems (Kanban, 5S)
· Knowledge of automotive and/or electronic components
· Experience implementing ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required duties.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs and office equipment.
- May relocate products weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
The Mission of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Company and Rokwell Industries is to produce market leading edge clutch technology in a quality and economical manner that support long term growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures our employees are…
- Customer focused,
- Great teammates,
- Constantly improving,
- To develop and continually improve a work environment where our employees and owners can grow financially by continued education and application that result in profit.
- Instill a sense of company pride in all employees that extends beyond our walls into the community.
All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment, pre-employment physical, drug screen, and a criminal background check along with MVR.
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
|Job Category||Ace Manufacturing, Rokwell Industries, Van-K Wheels|