The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the front reception area (switchboard) as well as assisting with the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, and employment. This position’s primary responsibility is to the front office switchboard. Excellent attendance is required.
- Switchboard with 3 incoming lines
- Greet all visitors
- Handle all outgoing and distributing incoming mail
The HR assistant has responsibility in these areas:
- Maintain accurate Attendance, Vacation, and (Sick) records
- Processing accurate timekeeping and payroll
- Recruiting and staffing logistics
- Performance management and improvement tracking systems
- Application management and tracking systems
- Employee orientation, development, and recordkeeping
- Assisting with employee relations
- Company-wide committee facilitation and participation
- Company employee communication
- Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting; and employee services
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.The Human Resources assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources assistant helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the HR manager, and assists company managers with HR issues.
- Safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service and office experience is required.
- Previous human resource, Timekeeping, Payroll, and/or accounting experience preferred.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must be able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Due to the role of this position, excellent attendance in this position required.
- Ability to read directions and follow job requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate with other personnel is required.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to adhere to the Company’s Vehicle Usage policy.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and receptive to constrictive feedback.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required duties.
- Must be able to frequently bend and reach overhead.
- Must minimally be able to hear an average conversational voice on the telephone receiver or through a headset.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs and office equipment.
- May relocate equipment weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Mission of Ace Manufacturing & Parts Company and Rokwell Industries is to produce and market leading edge clutch technology in a quality & economical manner that support long term growth.
OUR CORE VALUES
We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and pledge ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures our employees are…
- Customer focused
- Great teammates
- Constantly improving
- To develop and continually improve a work environment where our employees and owners can grow financially by continued education and application that result in profit.
- Instill a sense of company pride in all employees that extends beyond our walls into the community.
All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment, pre-employment physical, drug screen, and a criminal background check along with MVR.
Ace Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer.
|What We Offer
We are looking for dependable, energetic and self-starters who can work independent and as a team to include being a key contributor to the continued success of the Ace Manufacturing and Rokwell team. We offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package that includes health, denta, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and a 401(k) plan. If you are interested in these exciting opportunities with a growing company, submit your application and resume online, or send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to: Human Resources, Ace Manufacturing & Rokwell Industries, 300 Ramsey Street, Sullivan, MO 63080. You may also fax to (573)468-4197.