Ace Manufacturing, a leading mfg. of quality Heavy Duty & Racing Clutches, has a full time, exempt position for Plant Manager. Responsibilities include supervision of all manufacturing and maintenance activities at the operating level to safely achieve effective and efficient use of facility. The main job focuses on safely optimizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and increase company profits.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Head Coach of the production and maintenance teams with the main focus of safely optimizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and increase company profits.
- Assist in production planning to meet on time delivery goals and optimize inventory levels.
- Minimize unplanned downtime using Total Productive Maintenance methodology.
- Develop operating budgets and department plans.
- Insure that both productivity and quality standards are met with a goal of “0” defects and total customer satisfaction.
- Full authority to discontinue operations involving non-conforming parts.
- Respond to all productivity and quality problems in an urgent manner and involve the appropriate support groups necessary to maintain profitability.
- Maintain plant discipline using a fair but firm approach. Insure discipline is handled fairly with dignity and respect.
- Evaluate supervisors and leads annually for job performance and company culture (core values).
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques such as SMED (single minute exchange of dies) to reduce setup and increase throughput.
- Mange and reduce Scrap
- Implementation of the production plan by assigning the necessary personnel and supervision and monitoring their progress.
- Assist in evaluation, coaching and training of personnel. Recommend training needs to training coordinator.
- Insure that quality and delivery are upheld.
- Investigate, evaluate, initiate and monitor all new and existing tooling to insure effectiveness and productivity.
- Provide technical assistance to set-up personnel and production supervisors and leads.
- Assure methods and standards are met.
- Meet with outside vendors as needed.
- Participate in APQP meetings.
- Represent the department at all company meetings as necessary for continuous improvement.
- Participates on the Safety Committee and acts as the safety director of the plant to insure a healthful and safe working environment and to comply with federal and state regulations.
- Report status on all pending projects weekly to Executive Management.
- Insure ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 conformation in all areas of production and maintenance.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
The Skills/Experience required are:
- Minimum of Associates degree in a manufacturing field or equivalent.
- Ten years of previous managerial experience.
- Ability to read directions and follow job requests.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products especially Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate with other personnel.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- A clean driving record and be able to adhere to the Company’s Vehicle Usage policy.
- A criminal background check will be conducted.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
The Physical Requirements are:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required duties.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs, office equipment, and manufacturing equipment.
- May relocate products weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Commitment to Core Values:
Employees shall be committed to the following company core values:
- Customer Focused
- Great Teammate
- Constantly Improving