The Procurement Specialist is responsible to manage and coordinate the purchase of materials, components, supplies, tooling, machines, and services essential to our manufacturing production and operations. This position will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Determine order quantities and required delivery date, generating purchase orders accordingly ensuring that purchases are of the quality, quantity and at the most economical cost.
- Expedite purchase orders to ensure uninterrupted flow of material in support of production schedule.
- Develop/Manage supplier relationships: establish contract terms and conditions; maintain systems that measure, track and analyze supplier performance including delivery on time, quality, meeting packaging requirements, competitive pricing, terms, and lead times, and fair dispute resolution.
- Maintain current vendor pricing and documentation in ERP system.
- Attend weekly production status meetings to report on part/material shortages.
- Assist in the forecasting of future purchases based on sales team input.
- Identify and execute cost-saving opportunities that achieve company goals.
- Remain up to date on current market trends and purchasing practices; maintain market intelligence on materials pricing.
- Create stocking programs for specific parts and commodity families
- Maintain optimal raw and purchased part inventory.
- Collaborate with supervisor to develop, implement and maintain purchased raw/parts inventory control procedures.
- Oversee all international purchases and logistic/import requirements.
- Source and purchase new-design components for engineering projects
- Participate in the design, development, and sourcing of creative product packaging.
- Gain and maintain a basic understanding of our products (how they are made and how they work).
- Provide meaningful reports and clear presentations to management weekly, monthly, and quarterly that demonstrate the health of our purchasing activities and inventory control.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- 5+ Years manufacturing experience in role of procurement, purchasing, or supply chain
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Knowledge of MRP (Materials Requirements Planning)
- Knowledge of BOMs (Bills of Materials) and BOM structure
- Strong computer skills preferably with ERP system; Microsoft Office applications including advance excel knowledge a must.
- Must be creative and resourceful in sourcing hard to find parts.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and communicate relevant observations
- Ability to read blueprints and other technical material
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work alone or as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to travel occasionally to visit vendors.
Ideal candidates may also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing systems (Kanban, 5S)
- Knowledge of automotive and/or electronic components
- Experience implementing ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be able to frequently move about the work area to perform required duties.
- Reading and writing ability to follow work instructions.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions and operate computer programs and office equipment.
- May relocate products weighing between .5 (1/2) pound up to 60 pounds at various times.
Commitment to Core Values:
Employees shall be committed to the following company core values:
- Customer Focused
- Great Teammate
- Constantly Improving
Employees shall be committed to continually improve the quality and delivery of our product and services to better satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers.
Note: This document is intended to describe the general duties required of this position. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
|What We Offer
We are looking for dependable, energetic and self-starters who can work independent and as a team to include being a key contributor to the continued success of the Ace Manufacturing and Rokwell team. We offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package that includes health, denta, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and a 401(k) plan. If you are interested in these exciting opportunities with a growing company, submit your application and resume online, or send your resume, cover letter, and salary history to: Human Resources, Ace Manufacturing & Rokwell Industries, 300 Ramsey Street, Sullivan, MO 63080. You may also fax to (573)468-4197.